Hi, The gum around my premolar is swollen, red and sore to touch. With a dull pain when i don't touch it. My tooth itself doesn't hurt.I have started rinsing my mouth with salt water which soothes it slightly. There's no food stuck there however i have had popcorn stuck in that place quite often. Can you give me some advice on if I should see a dentist right away? And what it could possibly be? Thank You

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - November - 2013, at 01:34 AM

• It looks like that you have developed a periodontal pocket which is the most common place for this. Normally what happens is that something stucks like in your case may be popcorns and it is not removed, it causes swelling and pain and if it is not taken care then the problem aggrevates. It is better you now go to dentist for this, who will make proper diagnosis and do the treatment. Till then  you can do warm saline rinses and do the massage with some otc counter available gum paint. Avoid eating from that side so that it is not irritated further. for more info on gum problems you can browse the following link in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation