I'm Rodgie, 17 yrs old. It's been three days now, my 1st molar lower tooth to the left hurts. I've been to the dentist. she said my tooth was healthy and that it just impacted with another tooth and told me, for 6 days Amoxcicilin x3 and mefinamic acid x3 dosages. there was no x-ray available because it was just a school clinic. My concern is that the only tooth that can impact another when 17 yrs of age is the wisdom tooth, right?. and the pain should be on the 2nd molar tooth or at least WITH the 2nd molar yet only my 1st molar tooth hurts. throbbing pain that comes and goes in an irregular lengths and point in time. why is that? was my dentist wrong? This is an exam week, I'm in engineering and I don't think I'll have x-ray after 3-4 days, so can anyone identify what's really wrong with me and maybe some tips to ease the pain?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - December - 2013, at 09:54 AM

• You are right. At age of 17 first molar cannot be impacted as it erupts at the age of 6 years and 2nd molar erupts at the age of 12 years. The time of eruption of 3rd molar is around 18-25 years but it can be impacted at the age of 17 years and can cause pain. This pain can be referred to the first molar and so may be you have a referred pain. But the diagnosis can be made only after taking xrays and clinical examination. So schedule an appointment with your dentist and get the xrays done asap. for more info on wisdom teeth you can browse the following link  in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation