I had braces and when I got my molar build-ups taken off, my molars themselves got ground down in the process. I don't care much about the change of shape, but the texture isn't glossy like my other teeth anymore, and it's frustrating. I was wondering if there's a way to restore some enamel even though it's a large expanse of surface, to make the molars feel like actual teeth again? If so, could you describe it to me? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Rosemary

Rosemary 28 - February - 2013, at 19:12 PM

• Thank you for your answer. :) I know I'm not a professional, but I do know without a doubt that there's a change in my molars. My braces haven't been removed, only the globs of cement on my molars. The orthodontist used a diamond bur, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but a diamond bur should definitely be able to grind enamel off. The two molars that had cement are shaped very differently from the other molars now, and the cement was bright blue, so I'm sure I'd see it if it was there. Sorry to ramble, but I figured more information couldn't hurt.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - February - 2013, at 09:38 AM

• It is not possible to alter the shape of the tooth or ground down the enamel while removing the braces. May be it is because of the fixing material left on the tooth which is giving the rough feel. Just go to your orhodontidist and get the cleaning and polishing done. This problem of the roughness will be solved. For more info on braces removal you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-does-an-orthodontist-take-the-braces-off-776.aspx

Free Dental Consultation