Dr. There is bleeding and swelling in my gums. I got treatment of that but dentist just clean my teeth and give pills. After some days i have to face the same problem again. Dentist told me that it is because of Lack of Vitamin C, I had taken pills of Vitamin C also. But Still my problem is as it is.I feel some relief when i gargle with hot salty water. Please suggest me,what to do.. Regards! Sandeep

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - May - 2012, at 00:57 AM

• The gum bleeding is usually due to local factors such as deposition of hard tartar or other soft deposits like plaque etc. on the teeth especially in areas inaccesible to brushing or due to lack of mouth hygiene. This results in inflammation of the gums leading to bleeding from the gums which may be one of the early symptoms of gum disease. No toothpaste of any kind or any other medicine would be of any help unless the cause is determined and treated by the Dentist. It would be best to consult a Dentist and get it treated rather than trying medicaments to suppress the symptoms.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - May - 2012, at 21:58 PM

• You continue with the warm saline gargles two to three times daily. Do brushing twice with soft bristles tooth brush and also try massaging your gums with gumpaint.  It seems that you are having periodontal disease where plaque and calculus gets deposited in the gums leading to swelling and bleeding due to irritation. Flossing will help dislodging the calculus deposits...for more info on treatment of gum problems visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-of-gums-enlargement-922.aspx

Free Dental Consultation