i had a bitewing yesterday i saw a white spot next to the tooth its it right in the middle of the teeth the dentist said the oral and maxillofacial surgeon may break the tooth and i think its grafting not sure what his gota do with that spot chers shazza

Leave Comment

Comments

• sharon

sharon 13 - June - 2012, at 18:53 PM

• its really right in the middle in the gums at the top and its keeps getting bigger and biiger slowly i'm really curious i'm uesing sensetive toothpaste

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - June - 2012, at 22:25 PM

•  

It is an early carious lesion. The white lesion is the demineralized enamel and if untreated it can lead to deterioration of tooth. White spots on the teeth can appear after changes have occurred in the mineral content of a person’s teeth (which often happens childhood and leads to eventual deterioration of enamel if left untreated). White spots can also appear in connection with a condition called fluorosis, which is the result of having an excessive intake of fluoride. 

Treatment of white spots include fluoride treatment, bonding or porcelain laminate....For more info on this topic visit the link.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_flouride-delivery-system-415.aspx

Free Dental Consultation