Hello, in the process of having my eyetooth removed from the dentist, she was unable to finish & I had to have an oral surgeon complete: question: the dentist was going to put bone filler in the empty hole to support my gum she said, i am not having an implant jsut partial, so i ask the oral surgeon to do that he said not necessary unless i am getting implant, he said the bone material will disappear within a year, waiste of money. Who was correct? please help!

Leave Comment

Comments

• sheryl

sheryl 19 - February - 2012, at 13:58 PM

• thank you for your answer, it wasn't bone graft though, just "bone material" the dentist knew I am not getting an implant, but said for cosmetic reasons the gum would not drop? if you could respond to that, thank you very much

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - February - 2012, at 10:59 AM

• if you are not going for the implant and just going for the filler it is not neessary to go for the bone graft as the height of the bone is not going to make any difference for the partials but for implants the bone grafting is must if the bone loss is there. You can take second opinion as it is difficult to give the proper advice with out seeing the case clinically. for more info on dental implant you can visit the follwoing linkhttp://www.identalhub.com/dental-understanding-dental-implant-bone-grafting-682.aspx

Free Dental Consultation