thanks Dr Ritz for making many things clear to me which my own dentist did not.i really need a surgery becoz my jaw is not perfect and position of my lips is not normal becoz of this asymmetry problem.plz just tell me which surgery is required for my problem ,chin reduction or chin deviation from right to letf.becoz i want a normal face.plz give the best solution becoz my dentist is nt giving me the best solution may be after ur answer i cud talk to my dentist openly.thank u so much once again DR Ritz and rply as soon as possible.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 06 - June - 2012, at 02:48 AM


    you would be requiring an orthognathic surgery which involves movement of either lower jaw or upper jaw or both of them to correct the facial assymmetry ...substitute to this is genioplasty i.e. chin bone reduction. So you need to consult both an orthodontist and an oral and maxillofacial surgeon. An orthodontist will place braces on the upper and lower teeth in order to move the teeth into their best position prior to orthognathic surgery. Orthognathic surgery is then necessary to correct the position of the upper jaw, lower jaw or both. After the jaws have been repositioned surgically, your orthodontist is then able to properly align your teeth and correct your bite abnormality....For more info you can visit....

Free Dental Consultation