I had a deep cleaning because I had deep pockets in my back teeth. I could not make the follow up one month later and they were all booked for the whole next month. Now I think I cannot make the next appt as I am traveling for work. Since it is so hard to get an appt I wonder if I can go to a new dentist. It is too see if my gums reattached ok. I have no pain or bleeding. Would I need my records at a new dentist? Is this appt really necessary? Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• tori

tori 10 - June - 2013, at 12:27 PM

• Thanks! I have decided to keep my appointment for the follow up with the dentist who did the scaling. I don't want to get more x-rays from another place, I hate getting x-rays!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - June - 2013, at 20:36 PM

• After SCRP it is quite important to go for followup appointment as prognosis has to be seen. If it is so hard to get appointment then in future also for other procedures you will face problem. You can try another dentist and there is no need of records as the new dentist will take xray and he will come to know every thing. You can buy online dentist coupons in which you get exam and xray in $49 or even less. for more info on SCRP you can check this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-why-root-scaling-and-planning-is-good--716.aspx

Free Dental Consultation