i have minor decay in my 4 front teeth and i want to know if they will return to their normal colour if they can get treated in time, by using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash ? thanks :)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - October - 2012, at 03:33 AM

• Caries is a process. In its early stages, tooth decay can be stopped. It can even be reversed. Fluorides and other prevention methods also help a tooth in early stages of decay to repair itself (remineralize). White spots are the last stage of early caries.Dentists also can use sealants on teeth that have early signs of tooth decay, as long as the decay has not broken through the enamel.If the proper cavity is there like discoloration and the catch point is there then you have to get the filling done. In such cases the fluoride or the tooth paste can not reverse the process but if the lesion is incipient like only white opaque lesion is there but no catch point then by using fluoridated tooth paste and maintaining good oral hygeine can reverse the process. For more info on dental caries you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_what-causes-dental-caries-144.aspx

Free Dental Consultation