I took my husband into the dentist 5 days ago for an extraction of his tooth closest to where his wisdom tooth is, and now there is a white puss pocket on his gums, along with swelling and an extreme amount of pain.. what, if anything, can we do to make the swelling and pain go away..the dentist that pulled the tooth did not prescribe any antibiotics and he is already out of his pain medicine. We also live two hours away from the dentist we went to. I tried to call them, but it is Saturday and they are closed.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - May - 2012, at 00:06 AM

• Though it can be said only after manual examination that what it exactly is as a normal healing tissue is also white in color. Since you can't see your dentist immediately, so i would suggest you to take an over the counter painkiller like ibuprofen (motrin) and an antibiotic. It will reduce pain and inflammation. Do warm saline gargles and immediately visit a dentist to prevent any further complication. For more info on tooth pain visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation