Hello Doctor, I have visited the clinic to correct sharp edges on one of my tooth and the doctor done a filling on the same( I didn't have any infection.).After 2 minutes he removed the permanent filling & done the same thing again and he told me there was some bubble. After 3 weeks i felt a part of the filling had come out. Again I went to the clinic & he has done a little deep filling.As he was drilling it was paining for me.He advised me I can start chewing with the same tooth from today itself.But i couldn't as it was very sensitive to hot, pressure and tooth brushing.He advised me some gel but it didn't solve my problem.After 41 days the tooth was still irritating.so i went to another Dr. and he advised to take an X-ray and it shows the filling so deep and very close to the nerves.Now slight infection also there and I am on antibiotics.Now also my tooth is sensitive to hot & pressure and i feel jerk some times when I bite.I feel discomfort as long as I am awake.Will this problem will be cured with the medicines or Do I have to undergo root canal procedure?.What went wrong in the procedure? Awaiting your valuable reply, Regards, Alex.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - October - 2013, at 09:48 AM

• The antibotics and pain killers can give you temporary relief but is not a permanent treatment. For this you have to go for Root Canal Treatment as filling is deep and very near to pulp.Sometimes in borderline cases it is difficult to assess at first instance whether root canal treatment is needed or not. So the dentist tries to do the filling but when the symptoms are there like pain and sensitivity then decision for root canal treatment has to be taken. So schdule and appointment and get a root canal treatment done. for more info  on conditions where root canal treatment is required, you can check this link  in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-root-canal-therapy-104.aspx

Free Dental Consultation