Hi My 2 year old daughter chipped her front tooth a couple of days ago. I took her to a paediatric dentist and they took an x-ray and looked at her teeth. She was resisting them and crying a lot. They told me that it was not sharp and they didnt need to do anything to it but to bring her back in 2 months. I would like to know if there is anything that could be done to help treat the baby tooth to make sure it doesnt die. I kind of got the impression that they didnt want to do anything to the tooth because she was crying and resisting them. Please advise.Thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - April - 2013, at 19:26 PM

• The treatment for the chipped tooth incase of children depends on the amount of tooth chipped. If it is very small chip then  normally no treatment is done and patient is kept on wait n watch. If the tooth changes the color or some sinus develops in relation of that tooth then pulpectomy is done. If however the chip involves the pulp then then root canal is done at first stage only and the tooth is filled with composite. so without clinical exam it is difficult to comment on your case. So it is better for you take second opinion from another pedodontist or dentist. for more info on children dentistry you can browse these articles.. http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-children-dentistry-33.aspx

Free Dental Consultation