I am at the point where I know I need to have a tooth removed. Due to my anxiety, sedation dentistry is my best option, but it is too expensive for me now. I have heard horror stories about being able to hear bones crunch and such during removal and that sets my anxiety on edge. My question is aside from sedation dentistry, is there anything a dentist could offer to help with this?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2014, at 09:28 AM

• If  you are really afraid of getting the tooth pulled out then you can go for laughing gas (Nitrous oxide) which is used for sedation and it helps in anxiety management and it is not very expensive and otheriwise also tooth extraction is not a painful procedure. It is a routine procedure which area is anesthesied and then you donot hear or feel anything. So discuss this with your dentist and go ahead with tooth extraction. So for more info on tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website offerring all kinds of info on tooth extraction...... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation