Hello, I was recently informed by my dentist that I need a tooth extracted. She recommended a tooth implant after extraction. However, my husband and I want to begin a family with the next 2-3 months. All of my research has concluded that this procedure can take up to a year to finish. Are there alternatives so my husband and I can stick to our plan to start a family. I am really upset that I may have to put this off due to a tooth!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - May - 2013, at 20:35 PM

• First take second opinion to find out whether your tooth really needs to be extracted or it can be save by Root Canal Treatment and post and core. If it has to be extracted then replacement is needed then dental implant is the best option but yes it take around 3-4 months for complete healing and treatment to complete. Alternatively you can go for dental bridge. Dental bridge is non surgical and can be fixed after healing of extraction socket which is around 3-6 weeks. For more info on dental bridge you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-crowns-bridges-22.aspx

Free Dental Consultation