Hello respected dentist, I need to ask something about braces. I am in middle of my treatment. Today I was eating my regular food and after eating when I went to clean my teeth I saw my one of the lower jaw's braces was missing however I was eating with all precautions. I consulted with my dentist, it appears not to be a problem. The issue now is, since that particular(only one missing) braces is missing so the dentist is asking too much money to get it, my question here is are these braces designed according to patient's teeth or are they regular size so I can buy one piece and give it to my dentist and resume my treatment? Also I need to ask that are there different techniques for the treatment of braces. My dentist says that she is using US technique. Please let me know few details about it. Please reply as soon as possible. My treatment has paused at the moment.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - January - 2013, at 09:54 AM

• During the braces treatment the brackets do come out and they have to be replaced. They are not patient made but you get them as upper and lower braces and for you it will be difficult to procure. They are available to dentists only. You can always discuss the issue with your dentist. There are different techniques of doing braces treatment in which different types of brackets are used and wires used are also different. For more info on braces you can read the articles.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation