I have chronic neck pain especially on the right for over a year. I have been to general doctor,chiropractor,orthopedic doctor and 8 weeks physical therapy. Working diagnosis is a muscle strain. Nothing seems to help! I' was at dentist couple weeks ago and he took some X-rays of lower teeth and found a periapical abscess on my lower right canine. This tooth had had a root canal about 10 years ago. I have appointment with endodontist next week for retreatment and if that doesnt work out then an apicoectomy. Im fine with this work but do you think it's possible that it is the cause of this ongoing neck pain? It's extremely bothersome.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - October - 2013, at 09:55 AM

• This infection of canine tooth can cause neck pain but in that case you will have other symptoms of the tooth pain like difficulty in chewing or swelling in that particular area. You have to get the root canal treatment done for this tooth and if the neck pain is due to this tooth then that will go. So discuss with your dentist as it is difficult to give any diagnosis without clinical examination. for more info on root canal treatment you can check this article in our website....  http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation