I have a dental implant that already has a crown(top, left, center) with a bone graft and am wondering whether I need to go back to my oral surgeon a few times a year to make sure the bone is good. Also, about once a week I feel a weird sensation like its moving, but that doesnt make any sense. Also, when I feel this I am not sure if it is the implant or the crown. I had my dentist's office send over my x rays they took last week. Is that enough for them to be able to tell if there is something wrong or if everything is okay? Thanks, have a good day.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - January - 2013, at 09:49 AM

• Yes, you should get it checked after every 6 months. Normally also it is advised to visit your dentist after every 6 months. The xrays along with clinical examination is enough to ascertain that every thing is fine with your bone and the dental implant. If you are getting weird sensations then visit your dentist and get it checked and follow all the instructions given your dentist. Maintain good oral hygiene. Dental implants have good prognosis, if oral hygiene is good. for more info on dental implants you can check this link....  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-can-be-dental-implant-problems-559.aspx

Free Dental Consultation