When I was a pre-teen, my dentist opted to pull out my 2nd molars so that I would not have to get my wisdom teeth pulled. I'm 22 now and my top two wisdom teeth came through in the last 6-8 months and my lower left one is beginning to. The upper teeth are only half the depth of my 2nd molars. Four days ago, I began feeling pain in the upper corner of my mouth along the very top of my gum line. I excused it as being a canker sore but the pain has continued and worsened. I have a lot of pain in my last three teeth, though none of them had any significant decay when I last went to the dentist three months ago. I also have pretty severe pain in my lower jaw below where my wisdom tooth should be growing in, and it continues backward (perhaps toward my lymph nodes). There's a bump on the inside of my cheek along the top against my teeth. The gum swelling is red and pretty painful. The whole thing is giving me a headache, mostly from constant pain. I can't tell what is radiating pain and what's actually affected. I brush my teeth regularly and floss; I had a clean bill of teeth health the last time I went to the dentist. What could be wrong?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - February - 2012, at 10:35 AM

• First of all you have to get the diagnosis made for the pain that is what is causing the pain. It can be either because of gum infection or because of the tooth decay. For this you have to visit the dentist who after doing the clinical examination and taking the X-ray will make the diagnosis and the treatment will be done accordingly.In case of gum infection may be you have to get the clleaning done but in case of tooth decay you have to get the root canal treatment. Gor more info on dental pain you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation