Hey, I currently have receding gums, my dentist never said how I happened to get them but she was talking about brushing to hard and has recommend I use solo-stix. My question is is there any way to prevent my gums receding more? And will my gums grow back after a while?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - December - 2012, at 23:44 PM

• Apart from deposits around teeth, receding gums can be because of forceful brushing or can be attributed to smoking or can be because of traumatic bite.With just a few simple steps a day, you can prevent receding gums and gum disease.Good oral hygiene is the best way to pevent recession of gums.Floss your teeth twice a day.Apply minimal pressure while brushing your teeth to avoid stripping away the gum tissues.Use a soft-bristled brush to brush your teeth and brush your gums gently to prevent them from receding.Chew on crunchy foods like apples and carrots that gently remove plaque. They also increase the secretion of saliva that helps to wash down the bacteria that causes gums to recede.For more info on gum recession, refer tohttp://www.identalhub.com/dental-treatment-and-causes-of-gum-recession-887.aspx

Free Dental Consultation