I had a root canal on my right upper molar in December. I was never able to put a crown on it because of the cost. The back of the tooth has broken off to the gum and I am in pain. I dont understand this as I was under the impression that because the root was reoved I shouldnt be feeling pain. Do I need to see the dentist?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - June - 2015, at 20:34 PM

• Definately you have to see the dentist asap because if you donot get the crown done after root canal treatment then this is the more common thing to happen. This happens as after root canal treatment the tooth becomes brittle and chances of its fracture are more coupled with large restoration which can come out and can cause reinfection in the tooth. Now you have to schedule an appointment with dentist and get an xray done. If the pain is due to reinfection then re root canal treatment has to be done if possible in tooth to save it otherwise you may have to get it pulled out. So go ahead and schedule a visit to your dentist. For more info on Root Canal treatment in such cases, you can browse this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation