My fiance has a gum abscess. He had it drained in the ER today. However, we can't even tell she even did anything to it. It hurts even worse now and the swelling has gotten even worse. What should we do?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 11 - February - 2012, at 08:44 AM

  • Gum abscess can either due to gum problem or due to decayed tooth. You have to start with antibiotics along with pain killer tabs. The treatment depends on the cause. If it is due to decayed tooth then the Root Canal Treatment is required and if it is due to gum disease then SCRP has to be done. You have to take her to dentist who after clinical examination, detailed history with xray will make the diagnosis and do the treatment. Till then make her do warm saline rinses 3-4 time a day which will help in draining of abscess and hence pain. Pain killer tab as sos can be taken. for more info on gum abscess you can read this article..

Free Dental Consultation