I've had a broken wisdom tooth, down to the gum line on one side for about 2 years now but it doesn't bother me much and I'm deathly afraid of the dentist so I have ignored it. A couple of months ago, I noticed a soft pink fleshy protrusion coming from what seemed like the center of my broken tooth. I didn't think much of it at first, assuming it was just gum or pulp or something and it didn't hurt unless I messed with it. It still isn't really sensitive unless I mess with it too much but it has gotten a little larger, probably 2 cm long or so and not sticks right out of my wisdoms tooth. It seems like it's attached in the very middle of my broken tooth. But now I am so terrified I have a cancerous growth or something!! Going to dentist tomorrow but my mind is running away with me and I'm worrying myself sick... Anything to calm my nerves or put my mind at ease would be greatly appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - November - 2012, at 23:51 PM

• Don't worry too much.You'll be fine. These fears are always worse than what reality will be.It sounds like you've developed an infection/abscess around the wisdom tooth, and need to see your dentist or oral surgeon. Since it broke off, and over the course of time, you've had tissue overgrowth due to the infection. You're going to need to have that tooth pulled; most likely.At your initial appointment,you'll be put on some kind of antibiotic/antifungal to control the infection, and possibly some pain killers, and then have another appointment made to extract your tooth once your infection is under control.You need to make an appointment with your dental professional as soon as possible, so that this infection doesn't become worse.The oral surgeon will probably discuss the possibilty of taking the rest of them out too (if you've still got them), which will save you from having to go through it all again. 

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-frequently-asked-questions-about-wisdom-teeth-920.aspx

Free Dental Consultation