My son had a TV and TV stand fall on him. He was fine and initially I thought he just had a bloody lip but upon further inspection his upper front tooth gums are damaged and well pretty much gone and his whole tooth is exposed. I want to know if I just need to let it heal or if I need to bring him in.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 09 - April - 2013, at 09:22 AM

  • If the gum is injured and the tooth is exposed then you have to schedule an emergency appointment with your dentist. May be you son needs gum grafting as if the gum is lost and tooth is exposed, it will not regenerate and he can lose the tooth. So take him immediately to a dentist who will clinically do an examination and take xrays and will do the treatment. For more info on gum surgery you can check this article...

Free Dental Consultation