I started taking medicine for epilepsy when I was a year old and had brain surgery in when I was 18. I was able to stop taking the medicine at 19. I am 26 years old now. My teeth are so weak and no matter how good I take care of them I always have problems. I have seizures in my sleep which causes me to grind my teeth. My bottome front teeth on the backside do not feel like they are completely against my gums since I woke up this morning. I had to have 2 molars on the bottom left and 1 on the right and I don't want to lose any more teeth. What is causing this and what should I do about my teeth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - January - 2013, at 07:48 AM

• I am so sorry to know about your medical condition. Due to epilepsy you had to take meds which affect the gums and the teeth. You really have to take very good care and you have to visit your dentist very frequently. Without clincal exam and xrays it is difficult to comment on your situation. However keep very good oral hygiene and use some good antimicrobial mouthwash. for more info on oral hygiene you can check this link....  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-hygiene-63.aspx

Free Dental Consultation