I would like to hear the views of drs at dental hub on amalgam fillings..how dangerous do you think they are and shld they eventually be removed?? thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 28 - August - 2012, at 00:10 AM


  • Though the efficacy and safety of mercury (the only toxic ingredient in amalgam fillings) is strictly tested before using it in dental office but it poses a certain threat. Apart from lead poisoning, here are the few threats associated with mercury:

    1. Mercury is transported freely via blood.
    2. Mercury from amalgum will cause gradual building up of mercury in tissues
    3. Mercury crosses the blood brain barries thereby its partcile can enter in brain.
    4. It is the culprit for alzheimers.
    5. Mercury can cross placenta and even breast milk.
    6. Last but not the least, there are no harmless levels of mercury which means that mercury is toxic at all the levels.

    To know more about the mercury toxicity visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_mercury-in-dental-amalgam-73.aspx

     

Free Dental Consultation