Hi, my baby is now 14 months old but she still has not started to teeth. She also does not want to eat any solid food and wants only mashed ones. I touched her gums and also looked through and can feel teeth. I can see a very small ridge popping up on the lower gum but the edge of tooth seems crooked. It is like that for weeks but is not popping out. She is otherwise normal and healthy and is active too. She understands and cruises along, though she cannot walk independently. Is everything ok? Is there any medicine to make teeth pop put? She is not drooling and sleeps comfortably. But I am very worried. I had controlled hyperthyroid and gestational diabetes in my pregnancy and she was a breach baby born through c section. Thanks.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - May - 2012, at 23:56 PM

• Ideally at this age, four teeth should have appeared (two upper and two lower) but there is no need to worry as it can be due to delayed eruption which can be due to eating habits of the child. As you said that she doesn't eat any solid food so most probably this is the cause of delayed eruption as eating liquid diet leaves jaws with very less work. So start feeding your child with  normal diet. I hope this will resolve the problem. Also take your child to dentist for an Xray to see the alignment of future teeth. For more info on delayed teeth eruption visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-delayed-eruption-of-teeth-930.aspx

Free Dental Consultation