I have braces without wires and have had them that way for a year Suddenly my teeth started hurting. My mother assumed it was my wisdom tooth erupting So I figured there was nothing I could do about the situation besides wait for a oral surgeon. But a few days later I realize the pain is coming from the top jaw, second to last tooth. The one with the bracket that tightens/loosens the wire on the braces. I have no clue if this is the problem or it is actually my wisdom tooth. The weird thing is that its only 1 tooth thats aching. Ive been using advil for 2 days to ease the pain and I can't consult a doctor at the moment due to holidays. Is there anyway I can get this taken care of?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - July - 2013, at 20:21 PM

• You have to first diagnosed that whether the pain is due to wisdom tooth or due to some decayed tooth because the treatment varies. If it is due to wisdom tooth then pain killer tabs along with warm saline rinses will help but if it is due to carious tooth then warm saline rinses will aggavate the problem. Till you see your oral surgeon, maintain good oral hygiene and avoid eating from that side. for more info on wisdom tooth problems you can check this link in our website... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation