I just noticed very hard, very small, completely painless lump way above my last upper right molar. It is really high up, above the arch. When I press it with a finger, it feels like a bone. I visited the dentist 20 days ago to get root canal done on one of my teeth (same side actually, but not the same tooth), I also had an x-ray, and she didn't notice anything suspicious. I don't know whether the lump was there when she did the root canal-it is so small and totally painless, and if I hadn't stuck my finger to suck the cut tonight (I am feeling a bit ashamed to admit that) and accidentally went a bit far with it, I wouldn't have noticed it. I can't see it or take a picture of it as it is very small and way above, but I can feel the size under the finger-it is maybe half a pea, that size. Considering my visit to the dentist-is this a "normal" bone "extension", or an abscess (although if it is an abscess, I feel no pain, even when I press, and it must have formed in the last 20 days), or something else? Thank you in advance!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - November - 2013, at 21:04 PM

• You should not neglect this swelling. It can be because of infected tooth or it can be some gum lesion. So schedule an appointment with your dentist and get diagnosis made. If it is painless and it is not increasing in size then you need not worry as it can some normal eruption which may be there before also but you never noticed. However it if is increasing in size then you have to get proper diagnosis made and get the treatment done. Treatment should be root canal treatment of that particular tooth if it is due to infection in tooth. for more info on root canal treatment you can check the following link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation