Begining yesterday morning I have been expeiancing a lot of pain and swelling in my lower jaw all the way in the back of my mouth. The pain and swelling have seemed to be getting worse. I have pain everytime I swallow food or drinks, talk, open my mouth, and when there is a lot of movement on the furniture I am on. I need to know what may be wrong, and what I can do to ease the pain and reduce the swelling. Since I do not have dental insurance I cannot afford to go into the office for an evaluation. Thank you for your time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 10:01 AM

• It looks like as you have some abcessed and infected teeth in the lower jaw which is causing the pain and swelling and there is difficulty in swallowing. For this you have to go to the dentist as you have to take the antibiotics for the infection otherwise it can cause the complications. For the timebeing you can take some pain killer tabs and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times day. Try to maintain very good oral hygiene and use some good antimicrobial mouthwash. It is advisale in such condition to visit dentist asap before the things take bad turn. For more info on abscess teeth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-symptoms-and-treatment-of-gum-abscess-900.aspx

Free Dental Consultation