4 yrs ago I had an infusion of Reclast and it took my life from me as I had known it. My teeth rotted fast, and noone would pull them. The drug has disabled me and I still have to have all my teeth taken out. I have had abscess after abscess for 4 years now to the point that I lay in bed so sick that I pray to God to just let me die. At least 4-5 times per year I'm so sick with the abscess that I'm in bed for a month with horrendous pain. How Long does Reclast stay in your system? I can't seem to find a straight answer on that. If these teeth don't come out soon, I'm going to die. I'm 49 yrs old and my 92 yr old mom who had a brain stem area stroke feels better than I do. Can you please help me? I don't know what to do?? I don't want to lose my jaw bone either, ya know?? *tears* This has been the worst past 4 yrs of my life. I wouldn't wish this on an enemy. God please help me....Theres more too, but I doubt you have the room on this page for all of it. Ty and Many Blessings! Anita

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2012, at 03:38 AM

• Reclast strengthens your bones by increasing bone mass and lowers the chance of breaking bones (fractures).Reclast is a bisphosphonate. The bisphosphonates continue to work in the body for years. There isn't any way to get rid of Reclast faster, and the drug manufacturer says the half-life is 146 hours. Some people have reported dental problems after taking bisphosphonates for osteoporosis, and the risk seems to be higher in those who've taken these drugs intravenously.So,I would suggest you to get a bone marker test done before going in for extraction.Go in for extraction only if your dentist agrees.Your healing after tooth extraction will be delayed;but the wounds will heal.So,don't worry too much.

For more info on healing after tooth extraction,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-healing-of-the-extraction-socket-874.aspx

Free Dental Consultation