My son recently had two resin crowns put on his front two teeth (due to a cavity in between his very close teeth). After the procedure I was told he can never eat with his front teeth which kinda disturbs me since he is only 3 and these are his primary teeth. I wanted to verify her statement was true. If i would have know these things I dont believe I would have done the procedure, but I didnt want his to eventually have pain from a cavity

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - April - 2012, at 08:44 AM

• After putting the crowns in the front teeth the instructions are given not to bite from the front teeth as the crowns can come out. The front baby teeth are replaced by the adult teeth at the age of around 7 years and if you take good care of the teeth they will be healthy and your child can eat any thing from them. If the crowns are not  given then the decayed teeth can start paining and you may have to go for the extraction. Even then the child would not tbe able to eat from the front teeth. Not only this then he will have the psychological trauma along with the speech problem. So take it easy and follow all the instructions given by your dentist. For more info on children teeth you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_crowns-in-children-236.aspx

Free Dental Consultation