SO, I had a crown put on awhile back. Well, I now have swollen gums above my crown. It hurts to bite down and there are constant aches. Iran my finger along my gum where it is swollen, and it hurts so bad I start tearing up. Hot and cold don't bother me. Why does it hurt and what is it

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - December - 2016, at 22:13 PM

• Swelling around the gums in the tooth which is crowned can be because of two reasons. It can be because of the gum infection . if you don't maintain the good oral hygiene then the gum around the tooth is swollen because of food impaction or it can be because of the infection in the tooth.You have not mentioned whether the particular tooth was root canal treated or not.You have to visit your dentist and get the clinical examination and the X-ray done to find out the causae. If it is due to gum infection then maintaining good oral hygiene and doing warm saline rinses will solve the problem but if it is because of the infection in the tooth then you have to get the root canal tretment done and if it is already root canal treated then re rootcanal is the option . For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation