(sorry for any mistakes, I don't speak English) Hello! i am 16 years old, and I have something cllled an eye tooth ( I think it's how it's called. it case I have got it wrong, it's when both my canines have grown the wrong way or something..) Now I am around 8 or so months with braces, and I just had both of my primary canines extracted. Now the dentist said that it would take a long time for my permanent canines to expose, and it will be from the inner side of my mouth, but as soon as I got home after the extraction, I saw that where the extraction was, there is a really small bit of a tooth. I know it is a Tooth, since it is white and it feels hard. The question is, is it possible that my permanent canine has shifted and is now going the right way? or is it just a part of my primary canine left behind during the extraction? if it makes any difference, for around a month or 2 before the extraction, i kept feeling some pressure on my primary canines, similar to when a permanent is about to come out. Thank you in Advance!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2013, at 20:29 PM

• As you are already 16, the permanent canine should erupt by this time. Its normal time of eruption is 10-11 years. As you just got baby canines pulled out so may be permanent canines are impacted. After extraction it can be the bony spicule you are seeing or it can be permanent canine also. It is difficult to comment on this without clinical examination and xrays. You can discuss this with your orthodontist. for more info on braces you can check this link on braces.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation