Hello Sir, I m 32 yrs old. Recently bi had an OPG done.In it its written as small mesial coronal lucency involving enamel is noted with 15.clinical correlation is advise to rule out incipient caries.I would lyk to know wat does it mean.Do I need any sort of surgery.I m having no pain nor any swelling or bad breath.its also written 17 shows mesial coronal lucency involved enamel and dentin and pulp suggestive of caries.plz sir please help me with right advice. As I m all scared of surgery.please sir help me.I have two small kids to look after.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2015, at 19:58 PM

• Incipient lesion means initial  caries and these donot show in OPG. If these are showing in OPG as radio lucency then that means, there is cavity in the tooth and if it is not deep then simple tooth filling will be sufficient. In case of 17, where the radiolucency is involving the pulp, in that case, you either have to go for dental filling or you may need root canal treatment and this depends on your signs and symptoms and clinical examination. So nothing to worry, these are pretty simple procedures and are routinely done by dentist. However donot delay as you may end up with dental pain. for more info on dental caries you can check this article in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-fillings-19.aspx

Free Dental Consultation