I had tooth #3 plled on the 31st I noticed something was wrong immediatly! when I would breath out of my nose air was coming out of the extraction hole, I went back to my dentist the next morning he said I did infact have a hole in my sinus.He packed it with foam stuff & stichted me up. I got extremely sick & noticed I have blisters on the roof of my mouth and under my tounge on the right side & I'm in a lot of pain too much pain for 1 week after. I went back to my dentist & he said it's one of 2 things either chicken pox in my mouth or herps! I of course freaked out & hoped it is chicken pox! I'm not sure if my dentist is right...I didnt have any problems until he pulled the tooth, now a hole in my sinus which he just said it will heal on it's own & sent me home. Now Blisters I don't know if I shoulld see my regular Doctor or just listen to him? I'm in a lot of pain still & advil is not helping. He gave me valtrax but I havent filled it yet because I thought that was for "downstairs" herps which i have never had. I don't know what to do any advise????

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - June - 2012, at 22:16 PM

• During sinus perforation take the medications very carefully as prescribed by your dentist. Try drinking as much of liquid/water as possible and avoid using straw while drinking and if you are a smoker than stop smoking as it will decelerate the healing process and if the problem still persists than you should plan a re-visit to the dentist.

Dont worry regarding the bristles...they can be due to trauma caused while tooth extraction. You din't feel that time as you were numb. this will automatically go away , you just wait for 2 weeks....Regarding herpes, it can only be type I herpes if you had an history of cold sores otherwise no need to worry and chicken pox blisters appear all over the body not inside the mouth...

You do warm saline gargles and take care of oral hygiene and avoid eating spicy food....for more info on sinus infection you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-during-tooth-extraction-880.aspx

Free Dental Consultation