head shape-mesocephalic facial form-mesoprospic nasolabial angle-acute mentolabial sulcus-average lips-competent my dentist has suggested to extract 4 teeth for braces.. i am bit concerned about my facial appearance after getting 4 teeth extracted . as my lips are competent so after removal of 4 teeth will my lip get backward destroying my smile?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - March - 2013, at 08:49 AM

• Your facial form and other characteristic features seems to be normal but decision to extract the teeth mainly depends on whether you have crowding or not. If the available space is the less than required space i.e. if the tooth material is more then to adjust the teeth in proper alignment the extractions have to be done. This has nothing to do with lip competency. As your nasolabial angle is acute, it seems that you have protrusion and the teeth will be aligned if they get more space. But if you have doubts then you can take second opinion about the extraction of the teeth. For more info in relation to braces treatment you can check these articles in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-braces-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation