I am 45 years old. Recovering from cancer and diagnosed type 1 diabetic recently but well controlled now. Overwhelmed dealing with these health problems now I need the last three teeth on lowers on both sides extracted due to decay under bridges. I am so depressed and have been crying for days. I don't think I can afford implants. I am worried that a partial will destroy my remaining teeth with the clasps. My teeth look very nice and I want to keep the rest. Would mini implants to secure the partial be a better option. What kind of partial is best on back teeth considering comfort, looks, etc. Are there any patients happy will partials? Without implants won't the partial lift since there are no teeth behind the partial to support it. Please help me with a suggestion, my dentist was not very helpful and I am searching a new dentist, but I just don't know who to pick.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - May - 2012, at 23:15 PM

•  

First of all the dentist will have a good look at your dental profile (will perform the 3D analysis) and if in case your mouth doesn't allow any conventional impant than only you will be given a second thought about placing mini implants. 

Also the position of IAN is quite important in such cases because is this nerve is near to the crest of the ridge than most probably there is defeciency of bone and you are not likely to be  the potential candidate for implants as mini implants require height.

So, my take home suggestion is to visit a good dentist and get your dental profile checked before taking any decision....For more info visit the article given in the link....http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-implants-25.aspx

Free Dental Consultation