I was refered to a endodntist for root canal for my 9 year old daughters permanent molar. endodntist recommended doing a indirect pulp cap instead and sent me back to my dentist. My dentist again refered me to a childerns dentist to have them do it instead. I call this dentist and they said they do not do that on permanent teeth and they are referring me to a endodtist again. WHY?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 24 - April - 2013, at 20:41 PM

  • Indirect pulp capping is recommended if the cavity is quite deep but there is no infection in the pulp. On percussion the patient do not feel any pain. In young permanent tooth the indirect pulp capping is recommended as the root is not fully formed and it gives time to the tooth to mature fully but if the pulp is infected then root canal is done. Child dentist can do it but as it is permanent tooth may be he wants the endodontist to do it. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation