Hi Dr, I had my 2nd molar pulled three days ago and an implant post put in. My recovery so far seems pretty predictable, however last night I developed an earach and today it persists off and on. I am due to leave the country for none days in 48hours and am absolutely freaked out about the chance of dry socket as I will most probably not be able to get dental care where I am going. I really didnt want to end up having this procedure done so close to leaving however my dentist seemed to think it would be fine. Is this earache normal or a sign of more dry socket. Any advice?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Laurie

Laurie 08 - March - 2012, at 15:35 PM

• I had my back lower tooth removed yesterday and I'm on a baby aspirin regimen.Today started having a very bad taste in my mouth. Is this start of dry socket ??

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - March - 2012, at 08:14 AM

• Having earache is not the indication of the dry socket. If your dentist feels that evry thing is going to be fine then believe him. If there is no pain and there is no swellng then i do not think that you should worry. Maintain very good oral hygeine and follow all the instructions given by your dentist . For more info on dry socket you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-dry-socket-879.aspx

Free Dental Consultation