I recently got a tooth extracted (the one just behind my right canine (a pre-molar I believe)). My dentist said that I would have to get a fixed bridge which involves chiseling down the canine (the tooth in front of the extraction site) as well as chiseling down the tooth behind the extraction site. After which, a fixed bridge will be placed over the two chiseled-down teeth and the extraction site. My question: are there any alternatives to getting a fized bridge that DO NOT involve destroying two perfectly good teeth via chiseling? I'd hate to have to get a mock canine tooth as a part of my bridge versus chiseling down a perfectly good canine. Is there any other way to place a dummy tooth in the extraction site without affecting the state of my remaining teeth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - March - 2012, at 07:35 AM

• If you do not want t go for the fixed bridge then the alternative is to go for the dental implant in which the support for the missing tooth is taken from the bone by putting an implant . In dental implant the implant is put in the bone and after wards the crown is put on the implant. For more info on dental implant you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-implants-173.aspx

Free Dental Consultation