I have bad teeth and one tooth has completely broken off and now I only have a small piece below the gum along with a hole where the tooth use to be. I have a putrid smell coming from the hole and when I use a q-tip on the hole I get blood on the end all the time. My question is could it be infected and what would need to be done to close the hole and is it expensive?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - May - 2012, at 22:49 PM

• This first thing to do is to visit a dentist to get the exact idea of how much the tooth has been broken. The foul smell from the socket might be due to food, debris and bacteria lodged there. You need to take proper care of your mouth by brushing twice daily, flossing your teeth and rinsing your mouth with mouthwash or saline water. Dont let debris collect into the socket, this will lead to infection. Also don't poke that area, let the dentist do it for you. There are chances the broken tooth might be dead now and would be requiring a RCT....for more info on tooth trauma visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation