Hi, I have had this problem since 2006, but I chose to ignore it. Now it has become a major problem. I had my teeth cleaned after maybe "20 years" in 2006. I was 30 years old then. Since I had not had it cleaned in such a long time, there was some major cleaning to be done and there was some bone loss as well. Now my teeth is clean and I go for regular cleaning as well every six months. But since the cleaning in 2006, I have noticed that I have excessive saliva in my mouth and it gets really hard when I talk to other people. I end up spitting into their mouth sometimes by mistake. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the saliva that is over the counter? Please help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - November - 2013, at 01:37 AM

• If your teeth are clean and you are maintaining good oral hygiene and doing regular brushing and tongue cleaning with no decayed teeth then there is no reason to have excessive saliva in mouth. You can check it with your dentist and if the problem is not solved then you have to consult physician who can guide you better on that.

Free Dental Consultation