doctor, i have been through a dental extraction operation yesterday, 2 tooth were removed next to my wisdom tooth. now my problem is my gums were swollen and i had recently figured out that there is a cotton embedded in the hole right where the tooth extracted, is it okay if i leave the cotton inside the extracted area or should i remove it? my dentist also told me to take amoxicillin.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - May - 2012, at 00:14 AM

• To reduce the swelling, apply ice packs on the treated area. The most possible cause of swelling is the retraction of cheeks and soft tissues in and around the teeth during extraction procedures. You can take out the cotton if the bleeding has stopped but if the bleeding in there than you can change the cotton. Don't spit the cotton, take it out gently.

Do warm saline gargles 12 hours after extraction and take care not to poke the extraction socket. Dont drink with straw and don't smoke....For more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction visit our link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation