I had a tooth filled two weeks ago. A small hole was found under previous filling. since then the tooth is even more sensitive to sweet and cold. I went back and tahey found nothint wrong with filling or tooth. Was told to use sensitive tooth paste. So why is my tooth playing up more after being filled. What do I need to do now to get the the tooth fixed. Thanking you Berris I am a 64 year old female.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - January - 2013, at 09:56 AM

• When the secondary caries ie hole in previous filling is there and the tooth is refilled then sometimes sensitivity is there but it should go or start decreasing within a week or 10 days. But if it is not going or is increasing even after 2 weeks then that means the tooth is not healing and may be you have to go for root canal treatment. In borderline cases where is there is no obivious infection then even xrays donot show anything. Use desensitising toothpaste for sometimes and if the pain it does not go then you may have to go for Root Canal treatment of tooth. For more info on this you can check this link... http://www.identalhub.com/article_diagnosis-of-root-canal-treatment-297.aspx

Free Dental Consultation