hello i have a question... in my mandibular central incisors there are mild yellow and blue discoloration just on the just above the gingival margin. there is also a crack if i notice seriously.. otherwise my oral hygien is good. brushing technique is good. and no such medication i am taking.. i am wooried abt this discoloraion.. please tell me the reasons and treatment if there is any thanx.. i am 22 male(no smoking type habits at all)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - September - 2012, at 03:40 AM

• You are probably suffering from tetracycline staining.Tooth discolorations caused by tetracycline and other antibiotics are generally blue-gray or yellow-brown in colour,often in a horizontal striped pattern.Use of tetracycline antibiotics during the second trimester of pregnancy by your mother might have resulted in discoloration of your tooth enamel.Porcelain veneers are the treatment of choice for tetracycline based stains.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-improve-your-quality-of-life-with-brighter-smile---587.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation