needed to remove bridge and replaced missing teeth with impants. the anchor tooth now needs a new crown and i've been advised to have a root canal first since the pulp will be very close to the new crown giving the dentist too little room to work with he says this could cause problems in the future and would necessitate a new crown and more expense--so the root canal would be a preventive measure ..should i root canal the tooth that is not causing me any problems yet? is that normal procedure before crowning a tooth? it feels sensitive with the temporary crown but not really painful when i push it or bite down hard...will my chances for failure be higher with or without root canal thank you for any advice

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - May - 2012, at 00:17 AM

• Sometimes healthy tooth needs to be sacrifised if bridge is to be placed. But it can be decided only after taking an Xray because crown requires some shaving off of the enamel and if there are chances of tooth exposure than its better to do the RCT before crowning. Dentist can't take the risk of crowning the "near to exposed tooth"....For more info about bridge you can visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-crowns-bridges-22.aspx

Free Dental Consultation