I am one of those people terrified of the dentist...haven't been in 10 years...finally went and had some filling and 2 root canals...have had pain over the last 4 months and cant chew on right side of my mouth...he couldn't figure out why I was in pain so he referred me to a oral surgeon...he told me I have exposed nerves on both root canals and I need to have surgery and a retreatment to fix this quoted me $3100....and wants to redo everything I just had done..is this the first dentists fault? he basically said he could do nothing and that that's just the way it goes sometimes...just doesnt seem right that I have to pay twice as much to get this fixed

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - February - 2012, at 22:43 PM

• After root  canal treatment pain should not be there . If there is pain that means the treatment done was not correct. Either the infection is not removed fully or the canals are not filled properly. They were short and the reinfection is there. In such cases the reroot canal treatment has to be done. It is difficult to comment with out clinical examination. You can discuss with your dentist and get the re root canal treatment done. For more info on reroot canal treatment you can visit the following link....http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation