I have a small gum abcess over a decayed tooth. I have no dental insurance. There is relatively no pain but sore. I have gargled with salt water frequently, but wanted to know is it ok to pop and drain myself?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 19 - January - 2013, at 08:36 AM


    If you have a gum abscess over a decayed tooth that means the tooth is infected. It is not advisable to leave it like this with out any treatment. For this you must visit the dentist and get the treatment done. The treatment is either the root canal treatment or the extraction. Your dentist will take the X-ray and find out the status of the tooth and do the treatment .For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link……http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-root-canal-treatment-required-294.aspx

Free Dental Consultation