I got my right wisdom teeth removed on July 7. Two weeks later my tongue is still numb. I recently just bit my tongue very hard. I don't know how hard because my tongue is numb and I can't feel much of the right side of my tongue. My tongue immediately started to bleed and I peeled the first layer of skin off my tongue. It has stopped bleeding now. Is my injury severe enough to go to the hospital, should I just let it heal on it's own, or should I go to the clinic tomorrow if it worsens?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - August - 2013, at 20:08 PM

• After 2 weeks of tooth extraction the tongue should not be numb. Normally this numbness goes after 2-3 hours of tooth extraction depending on the dosages of local anesthesia given and type of procedure. If it is still numb then you have to discuss this with your oral surgeon. As far as your tonuge injury is concerned, tongue has very good healing potential. But you have to maintain good oral hygiene so that wound does not get infected. If you think that wound is getting worse then you have to go to clinic. for more info on problems after wisdom tooth removal, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation