Hello I got all four wisdom teeth removed exactly one week ago. I had no problems with dry sockets and the pain subsided in a few days (they were not very impacted) as am i seventeen and got them out "at a good time". I went back to my oral surgeon and he said it looked great and i was taking wonderful care of the area. I asked him some questions but forgot a few I would like answers if possible, because i'm so paranoid about something going wrong and not being able to have my graduation dinner! 1) When are dry sockets absolutely no worry? 2) When can safely drink thought a straw? 3) On average for not too severe of a case, will the holes in my mouth go away? 4) When are crispy foods no longer of any concern? Of course i know you will not be able to tell me exactly as it varies but when can i stop worrying every 10 seconds? I APPRECIATE IT A TON!!!!!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - May - 2014, at 20:38 PM

• It is already a week after extraction so you should not worry about the dry socket and now you can use straw also . for crisp food you can wait another week and these holes heal max in 6 weeks. but do follow all the instructions given by your dentist and maintain good oral hygeine. For more info on wisdom teeth you can visit the following link..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_care-after-wisdom-tooth-extraction-258.aspx

Free Dental Consultation